The Waterbury Campus of the University of Connecticut offers Career Development for students.
Susan Hyde-Wick, Career Consultant, Room 228E, assists students in acquiring the skills to choose a major, and embark on a satisfying career path. The office is also the liaison to the Education Abroad office. Be a global citizen by studying and living in a different culture!
- Our mission: To assist students in identifying their interests, values, skills and personality preferences so they can make meaningful and satisfying career decisions and be a competitive member or the global workforce.
- Our philosophy: To give students the tools to enable them to discover their own career path: we do not “place” students in internships or jobs, rather we give them life-long skills for achieving their career goals, which may include employment, education abroad and graduate study.
- Quick Links:
- Career appointment for career or education abroad assistance.
- Waterbury Career Newsletters (Local Jobs)
- Find A Job
- HuskyCareerLink: Storrs Recruiting System
- Resume Packet : In depth Resume Samples: Resumes that correspond with certain majors
- Create Video Resumes Showcase personality/soft skills in a short video pitch shareable via email, job boards, or social media networks.
- Interview packet : In-depth Interview Basics : Quick overview
- Career Fairs
- HuskyCareerPrep then “Quick Profile” : Match Personality with Careers, Interview Preparation, Cover Letter & Resume Tips, Company & Salary Research Tools
- Community Organizations
Handouts and booklets are located on the rack outside of the Career Development Office, Room 228E.