The transition from high school to a university environment is challenging, exciting, and sometimes difficult for both students and parents. In order to understand the University, its services and the student’s role in the learning process we have developed a Parent Orientation Program.
The Parent Orientation Program will be held on Thursday, August 31, 2017 from 7-8:30PM. The registration form is below.
The Program is designed to:
- familiarize you with The University of Connecticut at Waterbury.
- address the questions, concerns and anxieties that you may have regarding your son or daughter’s transition from high school to college.
- provide you with the opportunity to learn more about UConn and the experience that awaits your son or daughter as a new student.
I hope you will choose to attend this program. Please fill out the response form below, regardless of whether you are planning to attend the Parent Orientation Program, by Friday, August 25, 2017.
You can park at the campus parking garage for the program.
Two other pieces of information:
- We have also created a Parent’s email Announce List. We send information about the campus, academics and other information to the list during the year. If you would like to be added to this list, please indicate on the response form.
- We have created a series of short videos on non-academic subjects such as the Health Waiver, Immunization Requirements, and Parking. Incoming students were asked to view them because of the important information they contain. You can also watch them at Orientation Videos.
Dr. Stuart Brown
Office of Student Affairs