How to Schedule and Prepare for an Advising Appointment
How to make an advising appointment
- On the Waterbury campus’ homepage http://waterbury.uconn.edu from the top menu bar, select “Academics” and then “Academic Advising”
- Scroll half-way down the Academic Advising page, http://waterbury.uconn.edu/academic-advising/ and click on the link “ADVAPP”
- From the pull-down menu, select “Hartford and Waterbury”.
- From the opened page, you may select to a) make an appointment; b) Look up/cancel an appointment; or c) log out
- Select “make an appointment”. Select your advisor’s name from the list of faculty members. You will see a schedule of available appointments for your advisor. Select a day and time by clicking on it.
- An automatic emial will notify your advisor of the date and time of the appointment.
- You may cancel the appointment at any time by logging back in to ADVAPP and selecting the “look up/cancel an appointment”
What to prepare for an advising appointment
- Make sure you are ready to register on time by reviewing these tips
- Fill out the CLAS General Education audit sheet http://clasadvising.uconn.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/530/2016/05/2016-2017-CLAS-Gen-Ed-Audit-Sheet.pdf with classes you have taken. Circle classes you are considering for the upcoming semester
- Fill out the Psychological Sciences Plan of Study with classes you have taken. Circle classes you are considering for the upcoming semester
- Identify any related courses for your major to discuss with your advisor
- On student administration, look up your appointment time to register for classes for the upcoming semester
- Make sure there are no holds on your student administration account, such as from the bursar, that will delay registration
- Prepare any questions you have about post-graduation plans and/or graduate school